When we think of Christmas colors, we typically think of red and green. But if you want to change things up, the possibilities are endless.
There are many colors that can be used to for Christmas decorations, but silver is a great choice. It adds shine to your ornamentation. It represents snow and the spirit of the season.
If you are thinking of using silver as the base for your holiday design, here are some tips that will help you create the perfect aesthetic.
What Colors Go with Silver?
If you are working with silver, you will want to integrate colors that match well. Fortunately, silver is a neutral. As a derivative of gray, it will go with just about anything.
You can match silver with black for a goth look. You can pair it with bright colors like pink and yellow for a playful appearance. You can also mix it with jewel tones and other metallics to create an upscale look.
What Silver Decorations Can I Add to My Holiday Décor?
There are several types of decorations that look great in silver. Here are some examples.
• Tinsel: Tinsel is a classic decoration that typically comes in silver.
• Tree Ornaments: if you are going for a silver tree look, you can use silver baubles and silver garlands. You can even get a silver tree or paint elements of your tree silver.
• Silver Table Settings: They don’t call it silverware for nothing. You can add silver to your table setting by using a silver tablecloth, table runner and linens. You can also integrate silver into your centerpieces with silver candles and figurines.
• Silver Garlands: Silver garlands can not only be hung on the tree, but they can also be hung anywhere in the home.
• Silver Bells: True to the Christmas song, you can include silver bells in your holiday design. They can be hung on the tree, placed on surfaces, and used in centerpieces.
• Silver Floral Arrangements: Winter is the time to create alternative floral arrangements that have more of a woody feel than a floral one. You can create a bouquet in this vein by spraying branches and pinecones with a silver spray paint.
• Silver Outdoor Areas: Silver brings the perfect touch to your outdoor areas. You can use silver wreaths, garlands, and other elements to make your exterior sparkle.
If you are thinking of going outside the box with this season’s color schemes, silver is the way to do it. It will make your décor glow. How will you be integrating it into this year’s design?