Christmas is just around the corner and many of us are trying to decide what to buy our friends and family for the holiday season. DIY gifts always stand out. They are meaningful and sentimental, and they provide insight into the relationship between you and the recipient.
There are many DIY gifts you can create, but a picture frame is one of the most unique. You can fill it with a terrific photo of you and your friend or relative making for an item they are sure to love. If you’re not sure how to DIY a holiday picture frame, this article will provide you with everything you’ll need to know.
What You’ll Need
• Photo frames
• Mod Podge
• Christmas bells in assorted sizes
• Acrylic pain
• Paint brush
(Note, most of these supplies can be purchased online at Oriental Trading).
1. Use the acrylic paint to paint the frame. Let it dry and add a second coat if desired.
2. Once dry, use a Q-tip to apply mod podge where you want to add the bells. (Note, mod podge is a glue, sealer and finish all in one).
3. Place the bells on top of the mod podge and allow it to dry.
4. Once they have set, add your favorite photo to the frame.
While this how-to is one way to fashion your picture frame, it’s not the only way to do it. You don’t have to use bells as decorations. You can also apply glitter or, if you are artistic, you can add your own swirls and images.
Frames can be painted any color you choose. Or, if you’d rather, you can cover them with a fabric or adhesive and create your aesthetic that way.
Who To Give Christmas Picture Frames To
Christmas picture frames make a great gift for:
• Friends: Include a picture of you and your besties and give a framed copy to the whole gang.
• Grandparents: Grandparents could always use a framed picture of their grandkids. Give them one for each kid and/or take one picture of the entire fam.
• Other Relatives: A framed picture can be a terrific gift to give to any relative you are close to. Think of a special occasion when you were together and add any pictures you have from that time to the frame.
A picture frame makes a fantastic holiday gift. Both the picture and frame add a personal touch that will make your gift memorable. How will you be running with this idea when you are working on your gift list this Christmas season?