- 1 kg / 2 lb carrots , peeled (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar , loosely packed (Note 2)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp butter (30g) , melted (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F (standard) or 200C/400F (fan).
- Cut carrot on the diagonal into 4cm / 1.75” lengths. Halve thicker end so they are all roughly the same width.
- Toss in a bowl with sugar, butter, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto tray, spread out.
- Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast a further 10 minutes until soft and caramelised on the edges with plenty of glaze left on the tray.
- Toss carrots in the glaze, sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve warm.
* Nice holiday touch is to add ½ tsp of cinnamon! For a kick, add cayenne pepper.
1. Carrots - use any type of carrots. Baby, dutch, purple or standard (as I have done)
2. Sugar - Can be substituted with honey or maple syrup, and can reduce down to 1 tbsp.