These are so easy to make and are so good! The whole family enjoys them. They are light and fluffy with a little touch of chocolate. Adding nuts is totally optional. If you don’t like almonds, you can switch them out for your favorite nut, or leave them out all together.
Chocolate Dream Balls
1 lb. of Hershey Chocolate Bars
1 12 oz. tub of Cool Whip
¼ cup Almonds, chopped
1-2 cups Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt it in 30 second intervals stirring between each so that it doesn’t burn.
- Fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Add the almonds and fold together until mixed well.
- Place the mixture in the fridge or freezer and let harden. Should be at least 2 hours until the mixture is ready to handle.
- When the mixture is ready, crush your Nilla wafers into a fine powder using a rolling pin or in your food processor.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into 1 inch round balls and then roll the balls into your Nilla wafers.
- Set on wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will need to stay refrigerated or they will soften and flatten out.
They are so good, they are sure to become part of your own family Christmas Traditions. We only make them at Christmas time at our house to keep them extra special…but you really could make them for other parties and celebrations if you want to!
Did you like this post? I would love for you to pin it! Thank you