Make some homemade Churro Bites with this delicious and easy Churro Recipe. A great snack and perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 +1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat to about 360 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, water, butter, 2 tsp sugar, and salt and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once it boils, remove it from heat and immediately stir in vanilla and flour.
- Mix it well so that the dough is nice and smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip (if you have one…I did not) and carefully pipe about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of dough out over oil.
- Using clean scissors, (or the edge of the pan) cut dough into small pieces and let it drop into the hot oil. Only add a few in the pan at a time so they don’t stick together.
- Allow churros to fry until golden brown. You may need to stir them occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
- When golden brown, remove them from the oil and place them on some paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- In a plastic bag mix the sugar and cinnamon. Toss warm, drained churros into sugar mixture to evenly coat.
- For best results serve warm.