MOOSE MUNCH CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE
This homemade moose munch caramel popcorn tastes even better than the original! So light, crisp, & buttery, with tender nuts and a hint of chocolate. This will be your favorite Caramel Popcorn Recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Servings 20 servings
Calories 374 kcal
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- Pop 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn, remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in your pecans, peanuts and almonds and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt your butter, then add the brown sugar and light Karo syrup.
- Stir together and bring to boil for five minutes.
- Remove from the stove and immediately stir in the baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the hot caramel over the popcorn and nuts in a large bowl and mix until the popcorn and nuts are well coated.
- Separate into two sheet pans and bake in a 200° oven for one hour stirring every 15 minutes. *I line my baking sheets with a Silicon Baking Mat which allows the melted chocolate to come off the sheet pan easily and not stick to the pan.
- After baking the popcorn, drizzle the melted chocolate chips over one of the pans of popcorn and let it sit until the chocolate has hardened. *To speed it up, you can place it in the freezer or the refrigerator.
- Break up the popcorn and mix it together in a large bowl!