CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES
A Good Molasses Cookies Recipe Is So Good And Full Of Flavor. Especially These Ginger Molasses Cookies. Try Our Soft Molasses Cookie For Your Next Get Together With Family And Friends!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 48 cookies
Calories 39 kcal
Author The Idea Room
- 1 1/2 cups Shortening Butter Flavored Crisco
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 41⁄2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- confectioner's sugar for dusting cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together shortening, sugar, molasses and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in the milk to give the dough some moisture.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and then roll them in sugar if not frosting them with the icing glaze.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Do NOT overbake unless you want Gingersnaps.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.