2 hrs 32 mins
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Add All Ingredients To Shopping List
- Step 1
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Step 2
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Step 3
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
I Made It Print
96.7 calories; 1.3 g protein; 13.8 g carbohydrates; 7.8 mg cholesterol; 81.3 mg sodium.