Snickerdoodles are one of our family’s favorite cookie recipes. I thought it would be fun to take them up a notch for this Holiday Season by adding some Eggnog to the recipe to make them Eggnog Snickerdoodles. I had to tweak the recipe a little bit, but am quite happy with how they turned out.
These are a fun twist on an old classic. Take them to your Holiday party and impress your friends and family.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
For rolling cookies in:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and thoroughly beat together.
- Add eggnog and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour until incorporated. Add in cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges have set and the tops appear slightly undercooked.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
Chewy and soft on the inside and a little bit crisp on the outside…just the way I like them. How about you? Not a fan of Eggnog?