Not able to make it out to the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany this year? Don’t be too disappointed. There are plenty of cities around the world that host their own Oktoberfest events.
The Seymour, IN Oktoberfest is one you can’t miss out on. Read on to find out what to expect when you visit.
About Seymour Oktoberfest
The 2022 Seymour Oktoberfest will be taking place from September 28 to October 1. It is the 49th edition of the event.
Different events take place at different times but biergarten hours are as follows:
• Wednesday: 5-11 PM
• Thursday 11 AM – 11 PM
• Friday: 11 AM – 11 PM
• Saturday 11 AM – 11 PM
Events and Activities
There are so many exciting things to do at the Seymore Oktoberfest. Here are some you can enjoy.
• Parade: The parade will feature a variety of floats representing local businesses, nonprofits, and the military. There will also be animals, emergency service vehicles and political candidates. Judges will be voting for winners who will receive a medal and $200. The route will begin on Community Drive and run west to W 2nd St., north to N. Walnut St., and west to W. 5th St. It will end at the 4-way of 5th and Pine.
• Carnival: The carnival will be open throughout the festival offering a variety of rides the whole family will enjoy.
• Hot Air Balloon Glow and Hot Air Balloon Race: The hot air balloon glow and race will be happening on Friday Sept. 29 from 7:30 – 8:30 PM at the grass lot on the corner of W 5th St. and N. Walnut St. It will be a sight to see.
• Roving Entertainers: Roving entertainers will be situated throughout the festival including stilt walkers and a spoon man.
• Baking Contest: The baking contest will be held on Thursday from 10 AM to noon at 201 S. Chestnut St.
• Vendors: Arts and crafts vendors will be located in the carnival area. They will be open every day of the festival.
• Live Performances: The festival will feature several live performances on its German American Bank Stage, its Tatlock Stage, and its North Stage. These include German bands, clog dancers, bluegrass bands, cover bands, string bands, brass bands, gospel music, and more. There will also be a talent show.
• Contests and Games: Contests and games include a horseshoe tourney at Gaiser Park, a game of S.K.A.T.E at the Shurman & Grubb Memorial Skate Park, and a brat eating contest on the North Stage. Other competitions include a stein hoist, a prince and princess contest (for ages 6-10) and a baby contest.
• Oktoberfest 5k Walk/Run: Walk/Run registration happens from 7-8AM on Friday. The event itself happens at 8 AM. Awards are given out at the Seymour High School Commons area.
Food and Beer
A variety of local vendors will be operating food booths. You can expect the usual variety of festival fare. There will also be a German Corner Specialty booth.
The Biergarten will be open during festival hours. Selections include:
• Spaten: Oktoberfest (Germany)
• Brekenridge Oktoberfest (Colorado Craft)
• Gold Road Mango Cart (Wheat Beer)
• Cedar Creek Blood Orange
• Metazoa Hoppopotamas IPA
• Kona Big Wave Golden Ale (Hawaii)
• Brewlink Hole-in-One Sour (Plainfield, IN craft)
• Amber Bock
• Bud Light
• Michelob Ultra
Wine and seltzer will be available as well. Each drink costs one ticket. Tickets are $5 each or you can buy five for $20.
Not everyone can make it out to Germany’s Oktoberfest. The Seymour Oktoberfest is a great alternative. It offers so much to see and do. Will you be making it out for the coming season?